The Queen's Global Leadership Programme 2018 (United States)
The aim of this programme is to enable students to develop leadership skills in an international context and bring that learning back to support Queen's and the wider community.
The programme will include:
- Online preparation and face-to-face delivery on campus
- Visits to organisations in the US and networking with alumni and other senior professionals. Through this you will see what leadership looks like in a different country and find out how major decisions are made.
- Through the entire duration of the programme you will work with other student participants on projects which give you the opportunity to become a change-maker at Queen's and within the wider community.
- On return from the US you will present the outcomes of your projects and run workshops for other students during the last week of Development Weeks (28th May - 1st June 2018)
- Alumni of this programme will be expected to participate in future QGLP activities including promotion for next year.
- 14th-16th May 2018 - On-campus programme at Queen's
- 20th-27th May 2018 - Visit to New York and Washington to meet alumni and other leaders
- 28th May - 1st June - Project Outcomes
- Open to degree-registered Queen's University students - any year (undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research), any programme of study, full-time or part-time.
- Preference will be given to students who have not already participated in a Workplace Study Tour or the Global Leadership Experience - Asia
- Preference may be given to students from under-represented courses.
- £250 per student to cover travel and accommodation. Students should be able to bring additional funds to cover food and miscellaneous expenses.
- Students will be responsible for arranging their own visas for travel to the US and should check their eligibility before applying for this programme.
How to apply:
- Applications open 29th November. From that date, details of how to apply will be found on MyFuture under Jobs -> Queen's Career Programmes -> Available Positions -> Queen's Global Leadership Programme
- Deadline 4th January 2018 (12 noon)
- An information session will be run in the SGC Hub on 29th November 2017. Attendance is recommended but not required for application to the programme.