London Law Tour
Spend four days in London visiting a range of city Law firms 9-12th January 2018. It is a great opportunity to get an inside view of international corporate and commercial Law.
Through this you can expect to:
- Visit a number of leading city law firms. Previous visits have included: Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie, Berwin Leighton Paisner, Clifford Chance, Clyde & Co, CMS Cameron McKenna, Freshfields, Herbert Smith Freehills, Hogan Lovells, Linklaters, Pinsent Masons, Stephenson Harwood, Travers Smith
- Take part in business games, case studies, skills sessions. Previous workshops have included: Advocacy Skills, Negotiation Skills, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Network with senior professionals, recent graduates and alumni
- Find out about summer internships, placements, vacation schemes and training contracts
- Get valuable tips from recruiters and improve the quality of your applications to firms
- Join like minded students in this unique insight into the work/life balance of city lawyers
- Develop your employability skills through designing and delivering a post tour dissemination event to share your experience. Complete a Certificate in Workplace learning which is accredited by Degree Plus
Please note after January 2018 the Law Tour will be moving to September.
"The skills workshops gave me a great insight into the type of work that a city lawyer does, as well as the different practice areas. It is also a great talking point in Vacation Scheme interviews."Hannah Alexander
Common and Civil Law
The January experience will be open to FINAL YEAR students. The Law Tour is moving to September and this interim tour will accommodate finalists that would not be eligible to apply for September 2018. The September Tour will be open to all levels so look out for the application process in semester two.
Of the 12 places available 2 will be open to final year students from any school (non law).
Due to employer requirements, students must have a minimum 2.1.average in university modules. We will check this requirement through QSIS for each applicant to this tour.
Preference will be given to students who have not already participated in a Workplace Study Tour or the Global Leadership Experience –Asia.
Students are required to pay £100 to cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
How to apply
Applications open in Semester 1, usually around October. Check MyFuture for details of the launch event.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the interest list for this Tour please email email@example.com