Studying in Europe, as well as countries such as the USA, Canada and Australia is always popular but can require a significant personal and financial commitment.
Some funding scholarships are available, but not many, so it's essential to research and prepare for these well in advance in order to submit good applications within the deadlines.
It can also take considerable time to think through all the options, issues and practicalities so start planning earlier than you would for further study in the UK - during your penultimate year is the best time to begin investigating the opportunities.
Some useful resources:
- Graduate Prospects-information on studying abroad and on a range of countries
- Study in the USA - all you need to know about postgraduate study in the USA including information about the Fullbright Scholarship
- Canada Memorial Foundation Scholarship - awards for British students or graduates wishing to pursue a postgraduate course at a university or other appropriate institution in Canada.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities - offer scholarships to commonwealth citizens to undertake postgraduate study in low and middle income commonwealth countries.
Studying abroad during your current degree at Queen's
- International Exchange, Study and Work Abroad - view a wide range of study and work-related options designed to develop you personally and boost your career skills profile including Erasmus and Exchange programmes