Student Finance

Contact Info

Student Finance Office is open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm

Telephone +44 (0)28 9097 2767
Fax :         +44 (0)28 9097 2856
Email :


Got a question about ...
...Tuition Fees?
...Institutional Bursaries? 
...Education & Library Board Bursaries?
...Support Fund? 

Tuition Fees

How can I pay my tuition fees?

Please refer to Payment Options for full details.

I am being sponsored but I have received an invoice for my fees.  What do I do now?

Please forward your letter of sponsorship to the Student Finance Office, Student Guidance Centre.  An invoice will then be sent directly to your sponsor. Please note Sponsor Letters must be submitted no later than 31st January 2016. Failure to submit the letter will result in the debt reverting to the Student.

I am getting a fee loan to pay my fees but I have received a reminder letter saying my fees are due.  What do I do now?

Please contact the Helpdesk on 028 9097 3223 or call to the Student Finance Office, Student Guidance Centre, immediately. 

Return to top

Queen's Institutional Bursaries

Please note Institutional Bursaries are only available to Full Time NI/GB Students first registered from September 2006

I think I am entitled to a bursary but I haven't got any notification yet.  What should I do?

You must complete an application for student support (PN1/PR1) and give consent to share information.  If this has already been completed you need to check with your Local Education & Library Board to check on the progess of your application.

How can I apply for an Institutional/Student Experience Bursary?   

You apply through your Local Education & Library Board.  You complete the financial assessment form (PN(1) or PR(1)).  Please ensure you give Queen's University Belfast access to your information by ticking Section 13. 

How does my Institutional Bursary get paid?

If you are entitled to an Institutional Bursary you will receive a letter from the Student Loans Company on Queen's University headed paper informing you of the amount of bursary you are to receive and also the payment dates.  Payment of Institutional Bursaries are made by the Student Loans Company.

I am entitled to a Student Experience Bursary.  Where do I get this?

If you are entitled to a Student Experience Bursary you will receive an e-mail confirming this and you will be able to spend this via your valid student card. The Student Experience Bursary can be spent, upon presentation of your student card, in the following areas

  • Membership of Queens's Sport
  • QFT and on Festival events
  • A range of extra-curricular activities, under the Degree Plus programme
  • Printing on campus and at the Computer Shop in the McClay Library
  • Purchase of books from Blackwell's Online Shop @, or at the Blackwell's Pop-up Shop in the Students' Union. For information about using your smart card online please click here
  • Purchase stationery items at the Students' Shop

The £100 bursary is not redeemable against any other University facilities, or for cash.  Expenditure incurred on the above, will be deducted automatically from your Student Card.

How much do I get for my Student Experience Bursary?

Please click here for further information regarding Student Experience Bursaries

The course detailed on my bursary letter is incorrect.  What should I do?

If the information on your bursary letter from Student Loans Company is incorrect please contact the Student Finance Office as a matter of urgency.  Please  click here  for contact details.

Return to top

Education & Library Board (ELB) Bursaries

How do I apply for an ELB Bursary?

You complete a PR(1) form from Student Finance NI.  This form is used to assess your maintainence loan and bursary.  Your ELB will notify you if you are entitled to a bursary

How can I get my ELB Bursary?

ELB bursaries are paid directly into your bank account via the Student Loans Company, with the exception of Final Year Medical Students whose  bursaries can be collected from the Student Finance Office, Student Guidance Centre.  You must have your student card to collect your bursary.

How can I contact my Local Education & Library Board?

Please click here and follow the link to the relevant Education & Library Board

Which ELB do I contact?

Education and Library Boards are split by local government boundaries.  Please click   here to see which board is relevant to you

Return to top