Learning Development Service
Student Guidance Centre
Tel: +44 (0)28 9097 3618
Normal hours are Monday-Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Evening and Skype appointments are available upon request.
2011 Teaching Award Recipient
Do's and Dont's
- Prepare for tutorials in advance by doing the required reading and preparing any comments or questions
- Talk to others in your class informally to make the more formal tutorial environment less intimidating
- Meet with your tutor/lecturer in their office hour (if you are unsure of topic areas)
- Email your tutor/lecturer if you have any questions
- Make a one-to-one appointment for personalised help on tutorial communication.
- Avoid attending tutorials
- Let things build up - speak to someone (e.g. peers, tutor/lectuter, contact Learning Development Service)
- Hold back from sharing your ideas/thoughts