Contact InfoStudent Records and Examinations Division
Student Guidance Centre
Tel: 02890 97 2727
Fax: 02890 97 2828
Messages from SLC
To make sure you are paid your student finance at the start of term, please sign and return the declaration form Student Finance sent you with your Financial Notification letter.
Once you are fully registered with the University, it will take around 2 working days for us to confirm your attendance with student Finance and your student finance will be paid into your bank in 2 to 3 working days thereafter.
Please note that you will not receive any money prior to start of your course. Your Maintenance Loan and any grants due to you are paid directly into your bank account. Your Tuition Fee Loan is paid directly to the University.
Important message from the Student Loans Company
5 September 2011
The Student Loans Company are sending a text message to customers to let them know when their student finance payment will be in their bank account.
From Tuesday 6 September, customers will receive a text message the day before their student finance is paid. This text message will be sent to all customers who have provided us with a mobile number. The content of the text message is:
- Your student finance will be paid into your bank tomorrow -
This message will be sent from Student Finance England, Student Finance NI or Student Finance Wales.
Please remind students that:
- The first instalment of their student finance will only be released after they have registered with their university or college
- Their university or college will confirm the student’s attendance with Student Finance England, Student Finance NI or Student Finance Wales
- Student finance payments will be in the student’s bank two to three working days after Student Finance England, Student Finance NI or Student Finance Wales receive this confirmation of attendance
- Students will not receive any money prior to course start
- The Tuition Fee Loan is paid directly to the university or college on their behalf
- The Maintenance Loan, and any grants that are due, are paid directly into the student’s bank account.