Student Registry Services

Contact Info

Student Registry Services
Student Guidance Centre
University Road
Tel: 02890 97 2727
Fax: 02890 97 2828 
Online Enquiries

Correcting your name

If you need to update your name during your time at the University, you will need to bring photographic ID and marriage licence/deed poll to the Information Desk on the first floor of the Student Guidance Centre. You will also be issued with an updated student card. This is free of charge.

If you need to correct your name after graduating from the University (i.e. missing middle names, spelling errors), you will need to bring photographic ID, valid during your time of study, and your degree parchment to Student Records on the first floor of the Student Guidance Centre. Your name will then be corrected and a new parchment issued to you. This will incur an administrative charge of £50 per qualification. This process will also need to be followed before we can correct your name on a transcript.

Please note that if you have changed your name legally after graduating from the University, we will not update this on our records as the degree was issued in the correct name at that time, and therefore, we cannot provide you with a new parchment (and/or transcript) reflecting your new legal name.