As part of Queen's commitment to raising awareness about Transgender Equality and Sexual Orientation Awareness in the workplace, the Diversity and Inclusion Unit are advising staff of further training sessions to be delivered remotely.
Two sessions Sexual Orientation Awareness sessions will be held on Tuesday 28 July, from 10.00am to 11.30am and Tuesday 18 August, from 10.00am to 11.30am, delivered by HERe NI, an organisation which empowers, supports and advocates for all lesbian and bisexual women and their families.
The sessions will be delivered through Microsoft Teams and will cover the following topics:
- Sexual Orientation Awareness
- Clarity on appropriate language and words
- Different Types of Attraction
- Homophobia and Heterosexism
- Health and Well Being Issues
- Obstacles to Accessing Services and Support
- Lesbian Motherhood – Same Sex Families
- Relevant legislation
The first session will take place during the 30th Belfast Pride (Fri 24th July – Sun 2 Aug 2020). To keep up to date on the range of virtual events being organised by PRISM during Pride please visit PRISM’s twitter page