As part of Queen's commitment to raising awareness about Transgender Equality and Sexual Orientation Awareness in the workplace, the Diversity and Inclusion Unit are advising staff of further training sessions to be delivered remotely
Two Transgender Awareness sessions will be delivered by Transgender NI, an organisation focused on supporting the human rights of transgender people in Northern Ireland.
All staff and managers are encouraged to attend, especially those who have had, or are currently having, contact with Transgender students/staff.
The training will include the following:
- Language & terminology: getting it right
- Cultural competency: names, pronouns and gender
- The law & regulatory framework
- Barriers to trans, non-binary and questioning young people's experience in University
- Good practice for making education inclusive
- Specific practical guidance and advice for making your workplace better
- Looking to the future for trans issues
The first session will take place during the 30th Belfast Pride (Fri 24th July – Sun 2 Aug 2020). To keep up to date on the range of virtual events being organised by PRISM during Pride please visit PRISM’s twitter page