Accredit Your Skills
CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership
This accredited qualification is designed for postgraduate students who want to develop their leadership and management skills for current and future success.
Accredit your skills: Strategic management and leadership for postgraduate students
The Graduate School at Queen's is working in partnership with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to deliver a tailored qualification that will enhance your employability and improve your leadership and management skills.
- The CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership at Queen's is designed to enhance your theoretical understanding and competencies in project management and leadership.
- It is an accredited award which recognises that the learner has undergone significant personal and professional development in strategic leadership at a postgraduate level.
- The qualification is made up of two units. One pathway focuses on Strategic Leadership, and the other also offers Project Management.
- By developing strategic leadership skills, you will increase your ability to manage professional relationships and enable you to make the most of your intellectual ability.
- Opportunities to apply skills during the course will provide you with examples for demonstrating skills to employers.
What are the benefits of studying this qualification?
- The certificate will help you to develop practical skills as well as theoretical understanding of a specific area of Strategic Management and Leadership.
- By signing up you will also be granted an associate membership to CMI while you complete the certificate and for 12 months after completion.
- You also gain access to Management Direct, which includes a vast array of online resources to help you complete your certificate and further develop your leadership and management skills.
For more benefits, click here.
What units will I study?
Each unit carries a number of credits and to achieve the Certificate you need to complete a minimum of 13 credits. The minimum Total Qualification Time is 130 hours, including 45 Guided Learning Hours (GLH), or time spent in teaching/training/tutorial interactions.
One required unit, with 1 of 2 optional units
|Unit Number||Unit Name||Credits||GLH*||TUT**|
|Strategic Leadership Practice (Core)||7||30||70|
|Strategic Project Management||6||20||60|
*Guided Learning Hours
**Total Unit Time
How will the programme be delivered?
For the programme, you will be part of a class and have a tutor to work with you throughout. To achieve the units you will undertake a range of activities including gathering evidence of skills, reflecting on areas for development and experiences, and completing assignments.
How will the qualification be assessed?
Assessment may be by a range of activities including assignments and practice-based evidence (e.g. presentations, small projects); there are no exams to take. Expect to write approximately 3,000 words.
How do I secure my place?
If you are a Queen's postgraduate you can register to secure your place on the Certificate, and a scholarship. Find out more here.