The Graduate School
Funding and Scholarships
A postgraduate degree is a significant investment in time, energy, and money; developing your ability to find and compete for funds is a key part of your professional development.
Here are some opportunities for you to consider.
Postgraduate tuition fees
Queen's offers lower tuition fees and living expenses than many other similarly well-regarded universities in the United Kingdom.
committed to nurturing top international postgraduates
Each year, the University offers scholarships to talented, fee-paying students from overseas. Scholarships for the 2017/18 academic year are now open for applications.
Northern Ireland and EU students
Tuition Fee Loan up to £5,500
From the academic year 2017/18, the Department for the Economy will provide a tuition fee loan of up to £5,500 per NI / EU student for postgraduate study.
Fulbright Scholarship Awards Program
Please see the following Fulbright Awards presentation for more information which sets the range of programs for which students and staff can apply, and this Q+A video where QUB student’s questions were answered by Amy Moore Director, Fulbright UK Awards Programme and Emma Loughney Communication & Administration Manager, Irish Fulbright Commission.
All Postgraduate Awards offer:
- Financial contributions towards the first year of study
- Sickness and accident coverage
- J-1 visa sponsorship and pre-departure support & orientation
- Support in the USA from the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Access to a global alumni network of collaborative engagement and cultural diplomacy, with over 300,000 academically and professionally accomplished members
Some Awards can offer:
- Tuition fee waivers
- Full-degree funding