The Donor Charter
Queen's University Belfast is dedicated to treating its donors with the highest level of care and respect. The Donor Charter has been created to assure all our donors and prospective donors of the integrity and accountability of the Development programme at Queens's university Belfast.
Donors to Queen’s have the following rights :
- To be treated by all Queen’s staff and volunteers involved with the solicitation and receipt of donations in a fair, transparent, accurate and honest manner in accordance with all applicable laws and the professional code of fundraising ethics and good practice.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the University.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on The Queen’s University of Belfast Foundation Board.
- To have access to the University’s most recent published financial accounts.
- To be informed of the way we intend to use donations and of our commitment to ensure they are used for the intended purpose.
- To be consulted if their donation cannot be used for its intended purpose and have it repaid if agreement cannot be reached within a short period of time for an alternative use.
- To be kept informed of the impact of their philanthropy and the University’s evolving needs and priorities. Donors will receive progress reports and invitations to attend events to see firsthand the impact and benefits of their support to the University.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgement, recognition, and publicity for their donation, and to respect anonymity if requested.
- To be assured that donors’ rights to privacy will be respected and that there will be full compliance with the Data Protection Act of 1998.
- To be asked in writing for permission to be cited in case studies and other promotional material prior to publication.To limit the number/type of solicitations if requested.
- The University will respond within 30 days to a complaint by a donor or prospective donor about any matter relating to the University’s fundraising activities.
The University welcomes support from individuals, foundations and organisations, and would be delighted to discuss ways in which relationships may be fostered with potential benefactors.
For further information on any of the above please contact Jacqui McCormick, Stewardship Officer, on 028 9097 5378 or email email@example.com .