Graduation Checklist & Deadlines
Our step-by-step graduation checklist will help you to understand the graduation process and what you need to do.
Checklist for graduation
- Check you have passed your degree.
- Clear any outstanding debts to the University.
- Decide whether or not you want to attend your graduation ceremony.
- Register your decision via QSIS https://qsis.qub.ac.uk/. Details on how to register can be found here How To Register
- Pay the appropriate graduation fee. Details on fees can be found here Information About Fees
PLEASE NOTE: Graduands do not need a ticket for the ceremony but do require a ticket for the garden party
Each graduand receives two guest tickets (and three garden party tickets) but if you wish to apply for additional ceremony tickets you can express this interest during registration on QSIS.
- Order your Academic Costume during registration on QSIS if you wish to attend your ceremony.
- Check we have your correct legal name on the University system. There is also a Pronounciation Of Names Form which can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel your Head of School may have difficulty pronouncing your name.
- If you do not wish to attend your graduation ceremony, check that we have your correct address for posting your parchment.
- Tell us if you want to appeal your classification.
BEFORE YOUR GRADUATION DAY
- Book your Graduation Photography (link to Ede & Ravenscroft booking page).
- Book your Graduation Lunch (link).
- Collect tickets and gown from Admin Building, Level 1, Academic Costume Hire Service (entrance via the car park at the rear).
- Bring Graduation Registration Invoice/Receipt and ensure you have fully paid.
- Check the colour of your hood in our Understanding Academic Costume section.
On your graduation day
- Arrive two hours before the ceremony.
- For help to wear your Academic Costume correctly, go to our Graduation Information Point in the South Dining Hall to avail of the Pinning Service. Please note the South Dining Hall will close 30 minutes before each ceremony to allow graduands to get seated.
- Graduands can get their seat number from the display board outside the left side entrance to the Sir William Whitla Hall.
- Graduands may enter through the far doors on the side of the building and do not require a ticket while guests enter via the front doors at the top of the steps.
- Get seated 30 minutes before start of the ceremony and wait in your seat for the ceremony.
- Look out for a member of staff signalling for your row to line up. Another member of staff will check your name.
- When your name is called walk across stage and shake hands with the Vice Chancellor.
- On descending from the stage, collect your parchment and return to seat.
- Ceremonies last approximately one hour to an hour and a half.
After your graduation ceremony
- Enjoy the Garden Party (Marquee in the Quadrangle of main Lanyon building).
- Photographers are available in the Students’ Union Building.
- Return Graduation gown by 6.30pm on the evening of your ceremony to the Admin Building, Level 1, Academic Costume Hire Service (entrance via car park at the rear).
Deadlines for Winter Graduation 2017
You cannot register for graduation until you have been awarded your degree classification
|Thursday 16 November 2017||Graduation Registration Wizard opens in QSIS|
|Monday 4 December 2017||Graduation Registration Wizard closes at 12 noon|
Ordering your gown along with extra ticket requests will be done through registration on the wizard in accordance with these dates.
If you do not register by the deadline, you will be unable to attend the ceremony and will receive your parchment by post in January 2017.