What is the award?
The award offered to selected students is one of the most prestigious available from any UK university.
Ten students will become Queen's Scholars and study free of tution fees for the duration of their full-time, undergraduate course at Queen's.
* Students will not be charged any fees for their academic course. (This relates to academic course only and does not relate to accommodation or any other academic related charges).
Who is eligible to apply?
The award is open to students from schools in Northern Ireland only. These students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Those assigned by the University as 'Northern Ireland' for fees purposes
- Completing Year 14 (or equivalent) in a school or college in Northern Ireland in June 2014 (not repeating the year)
- An applicant's Area of Permanent Residence, Home Address and Correspondence Address (if different) must be in Northern Ireland
Do I need to meet other criteria?
Students must satisfy all of the following criteria to be considered for an award:
- Apply to Queen's University for a full-time undergraduate course (excluding applicants to Nursing/Midwifery, Social Work, Stranmillis or St Mary's Colleges)
- Make Queen's their firm choice through UCAS
- Accept their firm choice upon fully satisfying all admissions criteria
- Meet or exceed all criteria as set out in their 'Conditional Offer'
- Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate exceptional extra-curricular abilities with a particular focus on leadership, enterprise and social responsibility. Queen's Scholars will be expected to have notable achievements outside academic life and be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills to match their desires and ambitions for the future.