To offer an exceptional student experience and high quality education, leading to improved progression, attainment and excellent career opportunities for our graduates
To achieve this strategic priority, we will focus on selected strategic actions. We will:
- Provide an academic environment where there is effective and enriched engagement between staff and students leading to a high quality education experience, high levels of student satisfaction and improved progression and attainment rates for all our students;
- Complement the education experience with a campus life where students have access to first-class facilities and a wide range of sporting, social, cultural and community based activities to encourage the development of the whole person;
- Ensure the curriculum is intellectually challenging, research informed, internationally relevant and delivered by our leading scholars to meet the current and future needs of our students and wider society;
- Engage employers and alumni to develop the employability of our students through employer attuned courses, embedded skills and local and international opportunities for work placements.
“We will continue to develop a dynamic portfolio of education programmes, reflecting the changing aspirations of students and the future needs of employers”
We will judge our progress by monitoring performance against agreed targets to meet our ambitions for:
- Progression and attainment levels of 90% for all undergraduate students, underpinned by advancement to the first quartile in UK University League Tables for our performance in the student experience;
- Continued enhancement in quality of students gaining admission to the University;
- Enhanced graduate employment.