To enhance internationally recognised, globally competitive and sustainable research areas
To achieve this strategic priority, we will focus on selected strategic actions. We will:
- Continue to recruit transformational academic leaders and high quality early career academics and to grow capacity in selected areas whilst supporting the career development of our existing staff;
- Enhance the recognition of high quality research through strategic placement of high impact outputs to increase citation rates;
- Enhance international recognition through selective investment in recognised centres of excellence contributing to global challenges and leveraging research funding from RCUK, EU and corporate sources;
- Continue to enhance our research environment and ensure that inter-disciplinary working is facilitated;
- Ensure that the research activity of staff translates into an enhanced student experience.
“Queen's priority is to achieve nationally and internationally recognised research excellence in all disciplines”
We will judge our progress by monitoring performance against agreed targets to meet our ambitions for:
- High quality and high impact research as determined by selected external assessments including the Research Excellence Framework and Global League Tables;
- Increased quality of research outputs in all disciplines leading to a measurable improvement in quality and impact, reflecting our ambition to progress towards a doubling of the institutional citation score;
- Further international recognition of all centres of excellence at Queen’s;
- Increased levels of research funding, comparable with that of peer institutions and increased income through corporate partnerships, consultancy and knowledge transfer;
- Growing evidence of the international impact of our research.