To develop global citizens and address international challenges
To achieve this strategic priority, we will focus on selected strategic actions. We will:
- Focus our efforts on increasing international student recruitment and mobility, the pursuit of high quality, high impact research with international collaborators, profile building in-country, and powerful alumni engagement;
- Provide a distinctive and sought-after experience for international students;
- Develop and implement an integrated marketing and recruitment plan to meet realistic and agreed international recruitment targets, supported by a comprehensive scholarship framework;
- Strengthen our engagement with international stakeholders, including our international alumni;
- Continue to strengthen our profile in-country through recognised partnerships and physical presence.
“We will ensure that our students of today become the global citizens of tomorrow”
We will judge our progress by monitoring performance against agreed targets to meet our ambitions for:
- Growing an international student population to 10% of the total student population by 2016;
- Increased numbers of Queen’s students gaining international experience;
- New international research collaborations leading to high quality research outputs;
- Increased international research income from global funding bodies, companies, trusts and philanthropy.