Applications for admission to undergraduate degree programmes at Queen's University Belfast can be made by submitting either a UCAS application or a Direct Entry application.
Application for admission to full-time undergraduate degree programmes at Queen’s University Belfast should preferably be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Detailed information for those advising students on how to apply for undergraduate courses can be found on the UCAS website
When helping your students to complete their UCAS form please be aware of the following:
- Students can apply any time between 1 September 2011 and 30 June 2012 for entry in September 2012. However, we strongly advise that students apply as soon as possible.
- The UCAS code name for Queen’s University Belfast is QBELF and the Institution Code is Q75. Please note we have only one campus so a Campus Code is not required.
- If you wish to send additional information to that provided on the UCAS application form (such as academic transcripts) please send these direct to the Admissions and Access Service at email@example.com
- To expedite your student's application, please submit official transcripts of the applicant's academic background to date, including high school certificates, English language qualifications, and transcripts of university study, if applicable. If necessary send official translations in English. Documents may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All correspondence should include your student's name, UCAS Personal ID number, and the UCAS Course Code and the title of degree programme that he/she is applying for at Queen's University Belfast. This allows us to match your query with that student's application.
- Students applying for entry to the second year of an undergraduate degree should also apply via UCAS. When completing the UCAS application form you will have the opportunity to choose Point of Entry 2 (second year).
Please ensure that your student completes their UCAS form in full. If you want to send us academic transcripts, please make sure that these are in addition to, rather than instead of, the information supplied in the UCAS form. Submitting an incomplete UCAS form may mean that your student’s application is delayed.
It is vital that your student's application form makes it really clear that they have applied through your agency. This allows us to quickly see what commission we owe you. To make it clear that a student has applied through the agency please make sure that:
- You give your contact details in the 'Correspondence address' section of the UCAS form. Please make sure that you give your name in the first line of the address and give your agency's name (and office, if you have more than one office) in the second line.
- If your student wants all correspondence from UCAS to be sent directly to them, then please ensure that they include a line in their Personal Statement that tells us that they have applied through your agency (eg ' please note I have applied through xx agency, yyy office')
Direct Entry Application
Please remember: The Direct Entry Application form is to be used by international applicants who wish to apply directly, and only, to Queen's or who have been asked to provide information in advance of submitting a formal UCAS application.
If your student has already submitted a UCAS application to Queen's or any other UK university it is necessary to inform Admissions when they are submitting this form.
- Download the Queen's University Belfast form
- Complete the form in BLOCK CAPITALS and use black ink
- If your student has already submitted a UCAS application in the current admissions cycle (for entry either to Queen's University Belfast or another institution), the UCAS number must be included in the appropriate box on page one of the form. If your student subsequently submits a UCAS application he/she must include Queen's as one of his/her choices and advise us of their UCAS personal ID as soon as it is known.
- If the student is applying through your agency, please include your Agent Name, Branch Office and email address on the section at the bottom of page one.
- To expedite the application, please include official transcripts of the applicant's academic background to date, including high school certificates, English language qualifications, and transcripts of university study, if applicable. If necessary, please send official translations in English. Documents may be scanned and emailed with the application form to email@example.com
- The application must be accompanied by a covering letter, if appropriate
- The form should be signed and returned to the Admissions and Access Service, Lanyon North, Queen's University Belfast, Belfast BT7 1NN as soon as possible. Applications may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org