Health Centre

Students with a Belfast address, even if they only live there during the week, are strongly encouraged to register with a General Practice (GP) surgery to the University- although it must be within a 10 mile radius of your address. If you are ill and need a doctor’s note relating to your studies, you must see a GP as soon as possible. It is also very important to be registered with a local GP surgery if you are suddenly and unexpectedly ill and require GP (non-emergency) attention. Students from within the United Kingdom can switch back to their ‘home’ GP during the summer break.

The University Health Centre (UHC) at Queen’s offers student-focused NHS services and University funded non-NHS services for Queen’s students. The UHC has extensive experience in the health needs of young adults and are a friendly team who understand University life. International students resident in the UK for six months or more on a student visa are entitled to free NHS care and can also register with the practice. Visit our website or phone the Health Centre for more information on how to register.

University Health Centre
5 Lennoxvale
Belfast BT9 5BY
T: 028 9097 5551