Our research is focused on Respiratory, Infectious and Autoimmune Disease, and Cellular Immunology. The hallmark of our approach to research is a close, collaborative interaction between clinical and basic science experts that ultimately enhances the quality and scope of our basic and clinical research.
Principal research programmes within the Centre include:
- Respiratory disease including Asthma, Acute Lung Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Cough and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (PI's: Elborn, Ennis, Heaney, Ingram, Kissenpfennig, Krasnodemskaya, McAuley, McGarvey, O’Kane, Blackwood, Schock, Shields, Taggart, Valvano)
- Molecular Virology, Bacteriology, Host-pathogen interaction and Vaccines (PI's: Bengoechea, Cosby, Power, Rima, Valvano, Schneiders, Ingram, Elborn, Patrick, McMullan)
- Innate and Adaptive Immunology and Inflammation (PI's: Kissenpfennig, Ingram, Dib, Fitzgerald, Lundy, Taggart, Heaney, Moynagh, Weldon)
- Autoimmune disease including Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis (PI's: Fitzgerald, Rooney)
- The study of opportunistic infections and antibiotic resistant bacteria (PI's: Elborn, Ingram, McMullan, Schneiders, Patrick, Valvano)