Our research is focused on Respiratory, Infectious and Autoimmune Disease, and Cellular Immunology. The hallmark of our approach to research is a close, collaborative interaction between clinical and basic science experts that ultimately enhances the quality and scope of our basic and clinical research.
Principal research programmes within the Centre include:
- Respiratory disease including Asthma, Acute Lung Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Cough and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Groups: Elborn, Ennis, Heaney, Ingram, Johnston, Kissenpfennig, McAuley, McGarvey, O’Kane, Blackwood, Schock, Shields, Taggart, Valvano, Krasnodemskaya)
- Molecular Virology, Bacteriology, Host-pathogen interaction and Vaccines (Groups: Cosby, Power, Rima, Duprex, Valvano, Schneiders, Ingram, Elborn, Patrick)
- Innate and Adaptive Immunology and Inflammation (Groups: Kissenpfennig, Ingram, Dib, Fitzgerald, Lundy, Taggart, Heaney, Johnston)
- Autoimmune disease including Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis (Groups: Fitzgerald, Rooney)
- The study of opportunistic infections and antibiotic resistant bacteria (Groups: Elborn, Ingram, Schneiders, Patrick, Valvano)