13. Session Chair (Infection & Evasion Strategies). Irish Society for Immunology Annual meeting 2009. Institute of Molecular Medicine, St. James Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
I was an invited seminer speaker at the following institutions:
1. Department of Genetics and Microbiology (Host, Dr. J. Curran), Centre Medical Universitaire, Geneva, Switzerland. February 20, 1998. Title: BBG2Na, a recombinant subunit vaccine candidate against respiratory syncytial virus.
2. Institute of Virology (Host, Prof. A.D.M.E. Osterhaus), Erasmus University, Rotterdam, Holland, June 27, 1999. Title : "Pre-clinical research on a RSV vaccine, BBG2Na".
3. Children's Research Centre and Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research (Host, Prof. D.J. Reen), University College Dublin, Our Lady's Hospital For Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland. January 16, 2001. Title: "BBG2Na, a promising novel recombinant subunit vaccine against Respiratory Syncytial virus."
4. Dépt. d'Immunologie (Host, Dr. C. Leclerc), Institut Pasteur, Paris, France. February 9, 2001. Title: Preclinical and clinical evaluation of BBG2Na, a promising Respiratory Syncytial Virus vaccine candidate.
5. Department of Virology and Molecular Biology (Host, Dr. A. Portner), St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA. June 21, 2001.
6. Department of Microbiology, University College Cork, Ireland. November 6, 2008. Title: RSV - massacre of the innocents.
7. School of Infection & Immunity Seminar, University of Liverpool. June 23, 2009. Title: Respiratory syncytial virus ex-vivo: novel models of infection.
Since commencing at QUB, my research was presented at the following national/international conferences/symposia:
1. 13th International Conference on Negative Strand Viruses, June 17-22, 2006. Salamanca, Spain (2 abstracts).
2. Society for General Microbiology Spring meeting, March 26-29, 2007. Manchester, England. (1 abstract).
3. European Society for Clinical Virology, May 24-25, 2007. Lyon, France (invitated speaker).
4. 6th International RSV Symposium, Oct. 25-28, 2007. Marco Island, FL, USA. (2 abstracts).
5. Ulster Immunology Group/British Society for Immunology 50th Anniversary Symposium. Oct. 29, 2007. Belfast, Northern Ireland. (1 abstract) (conference organiser).
6. Society for General Microbiology Spring meeting, March 31-April 3, 2008. Edinburgh, Scotland. (1 abstract).
7. Irish Society for Immunology/Ulster Immunology Group Joint meeting, Sept. 15-16, 2008. Dublin, Ireland. (1 abstract).
8. XIV International Congress of Virology, Aug. 10-15, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey (3 abstracts).9. Society for General Microbiology Spring meeting, March 30-April 2, 2009. Harrowgate, England. (1 abstract).
10. Ulster Immunology Group symposium, June 1-2, 2009. Belfast, Northern Ireland. (5 abstracts - 1 awarded best poster) (conference organiser; Session Chair).
11. Irish Society for Immunology annual meeting, Sept. 10-11, 2009. Dublin, Ireland (1 abstract; Session Chair; Poster Judge).
12. Society for General Microbiology Spring meeting, March 29-April 1, 2010. Edinburgh, Scotland. (1 abstract).
13. Ulster Immunology Group/Irish Society for Immunology Joint Meeting, Sept. 1-2, 2010. Belfast, Northern Ireland. (4 abstracts) (conference organiser; Session Chair).
14. EMBO Workshop - Viruses and Innate Immunity. May 5-7, 2010. Dublin, Ireland. (1 abstract; co-best poster prize);
15. 14th International Conference on Negative Strand Viruses, June 20-25, 2010. Bruges, Belgium (3 abstracts).
16. 7th International RSV Symposium, Dec. 2-5, 2010. Rotterdam, The Netherlands. (6 abstracts - 2 received special mention).
17. Society for General Microbiology Irish Brance Meeting, April 19-20, 2011. Belfast, Northern Ireland. (2 abstracts).
18. XV International Congress of Virology, Sept. 11-16, 2011. Sapporo, Japan (2 abstracts).