1. Invited International Expert to Translational Immunology Summit, Genentech Inc., December 14 - 16, 2011, San Diego, California.
2. European Respiratory Annual Congress 2011 - Glaxo Smith Kline - Pro-Con debate with Professor Ian Pavord, University of Leicester - The majority of asthmatics can be well controlled with optimal use of existing medications."
3. Genentech Key Opinion Lecture, San Francisco "Difficult Asthma: a clinical perspective", July 2011.
4. Respiratory Connections Education Programme - Cheshire, Milton Keynes, Leeds, September - November 2011 - ‘How to personalise treatment in airways disease- rather than one size fits all' - joint symposium with Professor Wisia Wedzicha, University College London.
5. National Respiratory Meeting, Novartis UK, Birmingham June 2011"Non-adherence in difficult asthma"
6. Co-Chair American Thoracic Society / European Respiratory Society Task Force meeting, European Society Congress, Barcelona September 2010.
7. Genentech Advisory Board, San Francisco, US - November 4th - 5th November 2010.
8. Advances in Respiratory Therapeutics Forum, Rome June 2010 - Assessing adherence in difficult to control asthma.
9. Invited Major Symposium Speaker BTS Winter meeting December 2010 - Symposium - ‘Assessing and modifying adherence in difficult asthma.
10. Scottish Thoracic Society April 2010, Perthshire - Assessment and management of Difficult Asthma - plenary lecture.
11. Difficult Asthma - major symposium, British Thoracic Society Summer meeting, Bournemouth 2009.
12. Difficult Asthma; psychology or pathology - major symposium, British Thoracic Society Winter meeting London 2008.
13. Severe Asthma; a Clinical Update (International Expert Consensus meeting) Leuven, Belgium, March 2007.
14. The role of anti-TNF in severe asthma - major symposium, British Thoracic Society Winter meeting 2007.
15. Assessment of Difficult Asthma - University of Aberdeen - June 2007
16. European Academy of Allergy and Immunology, Vienna June 2006. Neurogenic inflammation in asthma.
17. ARENA Post-graduate Teaching Symposium, Glasgow, Difficult Asthma. April 2006.
18. University of Leicester, Update in assessment and management of Difficult Asthma, October 2006.
19. Royal Society of Medicine, Difficult Asthma Symposium - Assessment and adherence, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, 28th February 2006
20. British Thoracic Society Working Group on Difficult Asthma - Assessment of difficult asthma, Leicester 15th November 2005
21. Northern Ireland Centre for Postgraduate Pharmaceutical Education and Training - Keynote Lecture - Asthma (2002 and 2005)
22. Respiratory Education Training Centre Meeting 2004. Difficult asthma or Difficult patients
23. British Thoracic Society Annual Summer Meeting Manchester June 2004. Protocolised assessment of difficult asthma.
24. Ninewells Hospital Dundee January 2004. Assessment of Difficult Asthma
25. University of Aberdeen / Aberdeen Royal Infirmary January 2004. Predictors of therapy resistant asthma.
26. Irish Respiratory Specialist Registrar Training Day, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin Feb 2004. Assessment of Difficult Asthma.
27. All-Ireland Institute of Psychiatrists (Joint Meeting of the Royal College of Psychiatrists / Irish College of Psychiatrists) November 2004. Psychiatric and psychological disorders in asthma.
28. The Breathing Club, Lyons, France September 2003. Acute COPD - what to do and why?
29. Institute of Molecular Pharmacology, Berlin, Germany May 1993. Neuropeptides, mast cells and asthma.
30. Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Annual Symposium November 2000. Difficult Asthma.
31. Respiratory Specialist Registrar Symposium, Irish Thoracic Society November 1999. Assessment of difficult asthma.
32. Clinical Allergy Symposium. National Heart and Lung Institute, London April 1998. Non-bronchoscopic lavage - a gateway to understanding paediatric asthma.
I regularly lecture at Postgraduate meetings for GP's and specialist nurses and medical colleagues