Industrial Training Courses
With extensive industrial experience, staff in the Centre can provide a range of polymer related training courses to industry including the following which can be tailored to meet particular requirements:
- Materials Appreciation: Introduction to polymer materials;
Introduction to rheology of polymer melts.
- Polymer Processing: Single screw extrusion;
Twin screw extrusion and compounding;
Blown film extrusion;
Tube and pipe extrusion;
Multilayer extrusion of film and sheet;
Sheet extrusion and thermoforming;
- Analysis & Testing: Tensile and flexural analysis;
Thermal analysis (DSC, TMA)
Permeation analysis (O2, H2O);
Surface characterisation (energy, friction).
The Centre can also provide courses tailored to particular applications and case studies including:
- Monolayer and multilayer flexible film products for food packaging;
- Film and sheet for medical device and pharmaceutical packaging applications;
- Film extrusion for textile applications;
- Tube extrusion for medical device applications;
- Multilayer tubing for automotive applications;
- Polymer nanocomposites;
- Polymer wood composite.
Please contact us for further detailed information on course content to enquire about bespoke training programmes.