Contact Details at Queen's
Paul Monahan, Training Officer (Research Staff)
Staff Training and Development Unit
The McClay Library
10 College Park
Learning and Teaching Professional development
Linda Carey (Senior Educational Developer)
Director of the Knowledge Exploitation Unit
Secretary: Ms Joan Grieve
Back to top
Your subject librarian can show you how to:
• carry out your literature review
• select and access the relevant journal full text and bibliographic databases
• discover relevant books whether in Queen’s libraries or elsewhere
• source and use other categories of materials specific to your subject needs e.g. Special Collections, official publications, legal material, statistics, grey literature, theses etc
• select and use bibliographic software making it easier to organise your references and compile your bibliography
• access additional services to support your research e.g. inter-library loan, alerting services etc
Please contact your subject librarian directly for library research support and advice:
Arts and Humanities
Schools of: History and Anthropology; Languages, Literatures and (Performing) Arts; Music and Sonic Arts; and Theology
Deirdre Wildy (Senior Subject Librarian)
02890 976218 (Direct Line)
School of English
Diarmuid Kennedy (Subject Librarian)
02890 976219 (Direct Line)
Medicine and Health Sciences
School of Pharmacy, health management & administration and allied health professions.
Angela Thompson (Senior Subject Librarian)
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences.
Richard Fallis (Subject Librarian)
School of Nursing and Midwifery (post-Registration students).
Patricia Watt (Subject Librarian)
School of Nursing and Midwifery (pre-Registration students).
Brenda Allen (Subject Librarian)
Science and Engineering
School of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Planning.
Dan Holden (Senior Subject Librarian)
Schools of: Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering; Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Janet Drake (Subject Librarian)
Schools of: Biological Sciences; Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology; and Psychology.
Carol Dunlop (Subject Librarian)
Schools of: Chemistry and Chemical Engineering; Mathematics and Physics.
Joan Whitaker (Subject Librarian)
Social Sciences, Education and Law
School of Law
John Knowles (Senior Subject Librarian)
Schools of: Education; Management and Economics; Politics, International Studies and Philosophy
Norma Menabney (Subject Librarian)
Schools of School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Work
Isabel O'Kelly (Subject Librarian)
02890 97 6234