Cancer Outcomes Conference 2015: United Against Cancer, Belfast 8-10 June
The N. Ireland Cancer Registry was established in May 1994. It is located in the Centre for Public Health, Queen's University Belfast and is funded by the Public Health Agency for Northern Ireland. An agreement between the Public Health Agency and Queen's University Belfast sets out the terms by which the University agrees to establish, maintain and operate a register of incident cases of cancer. The contract contains the option of regular reviews to ensure quality and to advise on direction [More]
Links with Service Users
The Registry has strong links with service users having patient representation on the Council and involves patients and their representatives in the development of reports and their launch. The Privacy Advisory Committee for Northern Ireland which advises on patient confidentiality has commended the Registry on its work in this area. The Registry works closely with the local cancer charities, DHSS, the Public Health Agency and Trusts which are represented on the Steering Group and Council.
A patient information leaflet has been developed and is available in all Trusts and on the Registry website since 2008.
The N. Ireland Cancer Registry is the official producer of cancer incidence and survival statistics in Northern Ireland.
- Official statistics on cancer incidence and mortality in N. Ireland for 2013
- Care of bladder cancer patients diagnosed in Northern Ireland 2010 & 2011
- Release of the cancer incidence and survival statistics for Northern Ireland 2008-2012
- Office for National Statistics-Health Statistics Quarterly, Summer 2010
- Cancer in Ireland 1994-2004
- NI results for CONCORD study
- Cancer Statistics By Local Government District: Patients diagnosed in N.I during 2008-2012
- NICR Newsletter 2014
- NCIN Cancer Outcomes Conference 2015 ... [more]
- Northern Ireland Cancer Registry Video ...[more]
- Cancer Outcomes Conference. Birmingham 2014
- N. Ireland included in major European cancer survival study ... [more]
- NICR Newsletter 2013
- 5 year Strategic Plan from April 2013-March 2018
- 1 year Operational Plan 2013-14
- Business Plan 2012-17
- Statistical release list Cancer Statistics incidence and survival Official statistics on cancer incidence and survival in N. Ireland for 2013 were published on Tuesda... [more]
- NI results from Concord Northern Ireland results for CONCORD study Worldwide data for cancer survival are scarce. CONCORD in... [more]