For the last 10 years the Institute of Professional Legal Studies has offered a popular programme of Continuing Professional Development courses.
The courses are an exciting addition to the IPLS established programme for professionals. Each course is designed to meet the needs of busy professionals. Whether you wish to update your knowledge or refresh your skills you will find one of our courses to meet your needs.
All our trainers our highly knowledgeable practitioners and experts in their field. We continually update this programme to reflect your evolving needs. If you have a particular training requirement please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss how we can assist you.
The Institute is offering the following CPD Course:
Conveyancing in the Future
Conveyancing and Practice Management Seminar
Thursday 7 June 2018
9.30 am – 1.00 pm and 2.00 - 5.30pm
Speakers: Mr Simon Murray and Mrs Ruth Craig
This is the third annual three hour Conveyancing CPD event that Simon Murray and Ruth Craig have presented at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies.
As in previous years they will present on topical and relevant current property issues and suggest how practitioners can respond to the ever changing demands of this area of practice. This was “sold out” last year leaving some applicants disappointed so do book early.
The seminar will include:
- Updates on recent conveyancing decisions and the practical implications these may have for your practice;
- How to fix “broken” apartment developments;
- How the General Conditions of Sale may look after the 3rd Revision and how this may change practice;
- The new Memorandum of Understanding between solicitors, agents and surveyors;
- Practical tips regarding Land Registry;
- How to avoid conflicts of interest; and
- The effects of the changes in cheque clearance
3 CPD hours will be awarded for attendance at this Seminar. These hours will meet the three hour compulsory conveyancing CPD requirement for conveyancing solicitors and also the compulsory practice management CPD requirement.
To book a place please contact Claire Armstrong at 028 9097 5699 or email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 31 May 2018
Applications will be taken on a first-come first-served basis