The aims of the Institute are to:
- encourage and facilitate multidisciplinary research at Queens by acting as a focus and a forum for ongoing work;
- promote and develop interdisciplinary research in Irish Studies at Queen’s University;
- co–ordinate multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching in Irish studies at Queen’s University;
- present and represent, to the local community, to the wider academy, and to policy–makers, the broad range of research and teaching in Irish Studies at Queen’s;
- facilitate the development of strategic partnerships between Queen’s University, the local community and the wider national and international academy.