An MBA is classified as a post-graduate and post-experience degree. In order to maintain the calibre of the Queen's qualification we impose rigorous entry requirements. Queen's University Management School aims to attract dynamic and highly motivated individuals from a wide range of academic backgrounds with diverse business and/or professional experience, who are keen to acquire additional knowledge, skills and competencies and to enhance their potential. The following guidelines should help you through the admissions process and give you the opportunity to present your case clearly and effectively.Qualifications
Academic Entry Requirement
- Normally a first or second class honours degree in any discipline from an approved university;
- Where candidates have a third class honours degree or a pass degree, we will consider previous employment experience alongside academic qualifications;
- In lieu of a primary degree, professional qualifications will be considered, on a case by case basis;
- Candidates who do not have a primary degree or equivalent professional qualification but who can demonstrate extensive managerial experience at an appropriate level, will be required to attend an interview and must submit a good Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score (normally a minimum of 600) prior to entry to the programme. Early contact should be made with the Course Director to ascertain whether this will be necessary in your individual case. The test assesses verbal, numeric and reasoning abilities. GMAT is designed and administerd by an independent organisation.
Required Work Experience
- All candidates will normally have a minimum of 3 years’ full-time, post-graduation employment experience since graduation, preferably in a management capacity.
Additional Requirements for all Candidates
- Candidates must normally be sponsored by their employer;
- Candidates may be required to attend for interview prior to entry to the programme.
Additional Entry Requirements for International Students
International applicants should also have one of the following:-
- An IELTS score of 6.5 with not less than 5.5 in each of the four component elements of listening, reading, speaking and writing taken within the last 2 years;
- A TOEFL score of 90+ (internet based), taken within the last 2 years;
- A first or good second class honours degree from a university based in the UK, Republic of Ireland or other suitably quality assured location where the medium of instruction is English;
- A language assessment conducted by Queen’s University Belfast or approved provider
- An alternative English language qualification recognised by Queen's University Belfast.