Candidates will normally be expected to have an undergraduate honours degree, the equivalent of a UK Honours degree, upper second class, in Mathematics, Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics or other relevant quantitative subject, from a suitably quality assured university We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates so will also consider previous work experience alongside academic qualifications.
We encourage candidates to submit a detailed CV. Candidates who lack the prerequisite academic qualification or equivalent may be required to attend an interview.
International applicants should also have one of the following:
- An IELTS score of 6.5 with not less than 5.5 in each of the four component elements of listening, reading,speaking and writing taken within the last 2 years
- A TOEFL score of 90+ (interne tbased is the only acceptable form of this test); with at least the following scores in each of the four component parts of listening (17), reading (18), speaking (20) and writing (17) taken within the last 2 years.
- A first or good second class honours degree from a university based in the UK, ROI or other suitably quality assured location in a country which is deemed by the UKBA to be the majority English speaking.
- A language assessment conducted by INTO-Queens or other approved provider
- An alternative English Language qualification recognised by QUB (for example International Baccalaureate).