From Waste to Worth - FWtW An international educational programme
Applications are now open for “From Waste to Worth”! If you are a student at Queen’s, you can participate in this EIT Food project where through international teamwork and scientific exchange, you will create a waste database protype.
What is From Waste to Worth?
FWtW is an international educational programme in which students from 3 european universities will work in teams to build up a prototype of a database including:
- Occurrence of plant waste material
- List of ingredients per plants species and organ
- Calculation of extraction volumen
- Possible use of the extracted substances
Who can participate?
Students enrolled in Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, CSIC, University of Hohenheim or Quen´s University Belfast can participate in FWtW
How will From Waste to Worth be developed?
FWtW will be developed in 4 phases:
- Selection of students and teams formation (Jan-Mar 2019)
- A kick off meeting in the University of Hohenheim (Sttutgart, Germany) (April/May 2019)
- Guided overview building-up, data collection & database development (June-Sep 2019)
- Presentation of the database prototype (Dec 2019)
How to apply:
To participate in FWtW, you need to submit your CV & a letter of motivation in .pdf and English
to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28th, 2019 23:59 (CEST)
(Email subject: Application FWtW, Name and Surname)
Academic track, english level, motivation and entrepreneurial skills will be evaluated for selection