Conferences at, or in association with, the School of English
- Borderlines XI – Translating the Past: Appropriating the Medieval and Early Modern Worlds, 10-12th April 2015
Borderlines is an annual postgraduate conference for postgraduate researchers in the fields of Medieval and Early Modern studies, held on a rotational basis between Belfast, Cork and Dublin.
Now in its nineteenth year, Borderlines returns to Queen's University Belfast on 10-12th April 2015, exploring the theme of 'Translating the Past: Appropriating the Medieval and Early Modern Worlds'.
Website | Twitter | Email
- War and Peace in Early Modern Literature and Culture, November 26th-28th 2015
War and Peace in Early Modern Literature and Culture is a three-day conference to be held on the 26th – 28th November 2015 in association with the School of English at Queen’s University Belfast, exploring ‘war and peace’ in early modern Europe across literary and historical perspectives. The conference will engage with contemporary literary texts, historical analysis and more recent representations and appropriations of the period’s numerous conflicts.
Plenary speakers will include
Dr. Jerome De Groot of Manchester University,
Professor Andrew Hadfield of Sussex University
Dr. Yolanda Rodríguez Pérez of the University of Amsterdam.
More information can be found at: http://www.blogs.qub.ac.uk/wandp
- ILinC 2013 - Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference
Evolving perspectives: Innovative approaches to language studies: Conference website
- Medical Humanities PG Skills workshop: details
- 'A Fiend in the Furrows': Perspectives on 'Folk Horror' in Literature, Film and Music: Conference website
- Romantic Lacunae: Silences, Gaps, and Empty Spaces - August 2nd, 2013
- International Association for the Study of Irish Literatures - 22 - 26 July 2013 Conference website
- A Way of Seeing: Fifty Years of John McGahern in Print - 15-16 March 2013 Conference website | Download the flyer:
McGahern 2013 |
McGahern Call for Papers
- ILinC 2012 - Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference - Exploring contexts: language at crossroads of society and culture
Queen’s University Belfast is pleased to announce its Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference 2012 (ILinC 2012), a student-led venture co-organised by the Schools of Education, English, and Modern Languages. Given the success of the last ILinC, this two-day conference will give researchers studying language in all academic disciplines the opportunity to exchange information about their research practice in the presence of distinguished and esteemed academics in the field of linguistics.
Conference details | conference website | Facebook | Twitter
- 1759: An Interdisciplinary Conference
- The Lonely Page Conference (6-7 March 2009)
- United Islands? A Multi-disciplinary Symposium (13-15 November 2008)
- Text and Context: Bringing Early Modern Literature and Linguistics Together (14-15 November 2008)
- Century's End: Re-Evaluating Literature, Art and Culture at the Fin de Siècle (12-13 September 2008)
- The Annual Borderlines conference in Medieval Studies (April 2008)
- Renaissance Dualisms and Distinctions (January 2008)