Below, you will find short descriptions of the various courses that are on offer in semester two, 2013-14. Exploring History II is organised along similar lines to its predecessor, Exploring History I.
Each student chooses one of the courses and then works with the named tutor for the duration of the semester. The times of the lectures are given below. The tutorial times will be arranged following registration.
If you have any queries regarding the contents of a course, then please contact the relevant tutor directly (email addresses are available on the School website www.qub.ac.uk/schools/History/Staff/). All queries about enrolment should be directed to the course convenor, Dr Andrew Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Classical Greece 478-404 BC: Society, War, and Culture (Prof David Whitehead) Lectures Tues and Weds 9am
2. International History in the Twentieth Century (Dr Paul Corthorn) Lectures Fri 1pm
3. Wars, Bathtub Gin, and Depression: The United States, 1918-1945 (Dr Anthony Stanonis) Lectures Weds 10am
4. Women in Modern Ireland (Prof Mary O'Dowd) Lectures Fri 11am
5. Byzantium 1025-1204: Bulgarslayer to Fourth Crusade (Dr Dion Smythe) Lectures Thurs 9am
6. Power, Politics and Religion: Medieval Germany, c. 950-1250 (Dr Sinead O'Sullivan) Fri 10am
7. France Before the Revolution (Prof David Hayton) Lectures Mon 11am
8. The Black Death: Plague and Society in Later Medieval Europe (Dr James Davis) Lectures Mon 12 noon
9. Bede and Ireland (Dr Immo Warntjes) Lectures Tues 9am
Information is currently being updated