5 exceptional reasons to Study Anthropology at Queen’s
- World-leading ranking at the top of the UK league tables in Research* and Teaching**
- A Russell Group University with excellent campus facilities, a new library, affordable accommodation and reasonable living costs, and a friendly School of History and Anthropology with a coffee room, Hypermedia Centre, and Performance Room
- Lively weekly seminar series, drumming circles, film shows, weekend tours, World Food evenings, dance classes, a concert and performance night EVERY semester
- Great student support with a Student Anthropology Society, student mentors, academic personal tutors, funding for fieldwork
- You will love your time with us AND get a quality degree How to study Anthropology at Queen's
Queen's Anthropologist Careers
- Social Anthropology at Queen’s will give you first-hand knowledge of and respect for people from all sorts of societies and from all cultural backgrounds.
- You will graduate with analytical skills, communication skills, hypermedia skills and fieldwork skills. You will have expertise in issues of culture and cultural difference.
- You will have the chance to develop your own fieldwork project. With this, you will graduate as an expert in an area of your interest. This will make you stand out in employment interviews.
Some of our recent graduates are:
- Culture Producers - journalists, radio producers, museum managers, UNESCO workers, tourism and heritage officers, school teachers, university lecturers, Department of Culture staff
- Culture Brokers - social researchers, policy experts on migration and resettlement, Community Development Officers, International Development Officers, environmental campaigners, human rights activists, conflict resolution experts
QUB Anthropology is also strong in the expressive arts so we also have graduates working as:
- Cultural Artists - international rock musicians, traditional musicians, dance teachers and choreographers, tourist event co-ordinators
“A degree in Social Anthropology at Queen’s is intellectually challenging and life-enhancing.”
“We have a place for you and with us you will find your place in the world.”
Follow us on Facebook: QUBAnthropology
Check out our website: www.qub.ac.uk/sa
Book a visit or just talk to us – email Jonathan Skinner – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Research ranking 35% world-leading scholarship equal with the University of Cambridge (2008 UK RAE)
** 2007 Commendation by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education for Teaching & Learning