In addition, you may wish to explore the following external sources of funding:
1. British Chevening Scholarships Programme (Open deadline)
These scholarships, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, are prestigious awards which enable overseas students to study in the United Kingdom.
3. North – South Scholarships
These scholarships are open to applicants for the Cross Border programmes.
6. The Women's Leadership Scholarship
The Women's Leadership Scholarship (WLS) program (formerly the Native Leadership Scholarship) creates educational opportunities for women activists, grassroots leaders, and organizers from the Global South and/or from indigenous groups. WLS invests in women's leadership by supporting non-doctoral graduate education in human rights, sustainable development, and public health in many places around the world.
7. George Mitchell Scholarship
The US-Ireland Alliance sponsors a competitive, national scholarship for graduate study by American citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 at institutions of higher learning on the island of Ireland.
8. Fulbright Scholarships
The Fulbright Postgraduate awards are aimed at students wishing to study in the UK in any subject and provide tuition and maintenance for the first year of study.
11. Funding for International Students Official UK Graduate Careers Website
14. Lawyers Association (HRLA) Bursary - http://www.hrla.org.uk/Bursary_2008.php
15. Robert Penn Warren Graduate Student Fellowship - http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/rpwc/