A NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND BURSARIES ARE AVAILABLE
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is pleased to be able to offer a number of scholarship awards for students to undertake postgraduate programmes.
THE PATRICIA NAPIER SCHOLARSHIPS 2018
This scholarship is now closed for applications in 2018.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery is pleased to announce two scholarship awards for students to undertake our PGT programmes in Sep 2018.
- MSc Advanced Professional Practice
- MSc Caring for Children and Young People with Complex Health Care Needs
- PG Dip Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
The scholarships were set up in 2011 by Mr Russell Napier in recognition of his mother, Patricia Napier. The scholarship will cover tuition fees and the registration fee. The students will study in one of five specialist pathways:
- Cancer Nursing: Supportive and Palliative Care
- Critical and Acute Care
- Mental Health and Older Adult
- Leadership and Management
- Maternal and Child Health
Applications are invited from all applicants who meet the following criteria:
Essential Entry Criteria:
The scholarships will be awarded to the best graduates from a nursing or midwifery programme (i.e. applicants who hold a recognised professional qualification in nursing, midwifery or an allied health and social care profession and a relevant primary degree 2:2 or above or equivalent).
All candidates entering the PGT programmes are eligible to be considered by the School for the Award through the entry system.
Applicants should complete the application form and return it to the school by the closing date, Friday 15th June 2018.
The judging panel will include the Head of School and two course Directors from the School. The decision will be based on the record of academic achievement and a supporting application form. Applicants must also have been accepted on to one of the listed programmes to start in September 2018.
The benefactor will have access to the written statements prior to final selection by the judging panel.
Enquiries or further information:
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Queen’s University Belfast.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Medical Biology Centre
97 Lisburn Road
NEW CESI FUNDED STUDENTSHIPS AVAILABLE
CESI are offering a number of funded PhD Studentships via the School of Social Science, Education & Social Work (SSESW) Department for Economy (DfE). Applications have now closed for 2018.
This year, there will be a number of CESI PhD studentships available via the School of Social Science, Education & Social Work (SSESW) Department for Economy (DfE) scholarships. The benefits of a CESI related studentship are that you will:
· Become part of a vibrant transdisciplinary research community within the University
· Connect with the 40+ post-doctoral researchers who are based in CESI
· Attend CESI events as a Student Fellow
We are looking for studentships applications in the following areas:
· Mental health and wellbeing (including health education)
· Effective early prevention with parents and children
· Improving outcomes in school
· Improving health and wellbeing for young people
· Improving outcomes for looked after children and children on the edge of care
· Chronic illness and palliative care
Research proposals should use one of the following methodologies:
· Randomised controlled trial/experimental methodology and studies may be at the developmental, efficacy or effectiveness stage. This will include projects using innovative methodologies/interventions that could be developed further by a funded PhD scholarship.
· Systematic reviews which should be in a relevant area and plan to use a recognised approach e.g. Cochrane, Campbell, Best Evidence Encyclopaedia
· Surveys and secondary analysis by either generating significant data sets or planning to analyse specified secondary data sets
To apply follow instructions at the following link:
CESI DfE based PhD studentships http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ssesw/Study/Scholarships/