Dr Jeremy Watkins
Lecturer in Philosophy
Contact Details: Room 025.02.004
+44 (0)28 90973017
QUB Research Portal (Pure)
This year I am giving lectures on History of Philosophy and Moral Theories. In the past, I have also taught courses on Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Law, Introductory Metaphysics, and Epistemology.
My current research focuses on theories of forgiveness and punishment, moral and legal responsibility, moral luck, the ethics of international law, and the definition of morality.
- ‘Matching Well-Being to Merit: the Example of Punishment’, Ethical Perspectives, Vol. 18 (2011): 5-27.
- ‘International Responsibility’ (with James Crawford), in Samantha Besson and John Tasioulas (eds.), Philosophy and International Law (Oxford University Press, 2010): 282-298
- ‘The Conditional Case for Unconditional Forgiveness’, in Stephen Bloch-Schulman and David White (eds.), Forgiveness: Probing the Boundaries (Inter-disciplinary Press, 2009): 31-8
- Review of Justine Burley (ed.), ‘Dworkin and his Critics’, Journal of Moral Philosophy, Vol. 3 (2006): 110-2
- ‘Responsibility in Context’, Oxford Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 26 (2006): 593-608
- ‘Forgiveness and its Place in Ethics’, Theoria Vol. 71 (2005)): 43-61
- Review of Peter Cane, ‘Responsibility in Law and Morality’, Pelican Record, Vol. 41 (2004): 94-8