Careers, Employability and Skills is located in the
Student Guidance Centre, University Road. Open 9 am – 5 pm.
The services offered aim to help you with:
- Decisions about life after graduation
- Mapping out your career path
- Linking your choice of modules to you future career
- Changing or taking time out from your course
- Implications of exam results
- Preparing a CV, applying for jobs, and preparing for job interviews
- Deciding between options, e.g. job or course
- Preparing for a transition to year-out placements, graduate employment or postgraduate study
- Develop your employability and skills through tailored workshops and programmes
Services available to students in Careers, Employability and Skills include:
- one-to-one career guidance sessions via bookable guidance interviews
- drop-in quick query sessions with a duty adviser
- careers advice via email at www.qub.ac.uk/careers
- the latest information on placements and graduate opportunities from occupational and employer files, brochures and publications
- internet access with adaptive technology and multi-media equipment
Please call in anytime to access the support and services offered
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 028 9097 2727
The Careers, Employability and Skills Adviser for the
School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Work is Greta O’Donnell.
Julie is based at the Student Guidance Centre.
The Careers Liaison Adviser within the School is Dr Jay Wiggan