Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Eighteenth-century Periodicals
- Literature and empire
- Indian Literature in English
- The Lake Writers
- Ireland and Empire
Public outreach & key achievements
- His edition of Robert Southey’s The Curse of Kehama was volume 4 of The Works of Robert Southey, 1793-1810, which received a citation as ‘Distinguished Scholarly Edition’ from the Modern Language Association of America (MLA): “Lynda Pratt, Tim Fulford, and Daniel John Sanjiv Roberts have provided five volumes constituting a stellar critical edition, with reports on the significant revisions that many of these texts underwent from manuscript to first publication to final Southey-supervised Poetic Works. The editorial matter is scrupulous, informative, and generative, resulting in a rich scholarly resource that should now be the long-needed standard edition.”
- Has contributed to RTÉ radio and TV programmes on topics such as Ireland and its Diaspora; and Thomas Moore’s
- Has delivered public lectures and academic papers by invitation in Kolkata, New Delhi, Chennai, Oxford, Edinburgh.
- Was a Research Fellow at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Advanced Studies of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi in 2012.
- Received funding for, and had oversight over, a UKIERI PMI-2 mobility grant towards QUB student placements in India between 2008 and 2011.
|PhD Title||Representations of Hinduism in the Long Eighteenth Century|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||From Hellenism to Orientalism: Friendship in E. M. Forster, with Reference to Forrest Reid|
|Current Position||Assistant Professor, Jindal School of Liberal Arts and Humanities, O. P. Jindal Global University, India|
|PhD Title||A Stylistic Analysis of Gandhi’s Autobiography, The Story of My Experiments with Truth|
|Country||Republic of Ireland|
|Current Position||Senior Lecturer in English Language, University of Chester|
|PhD Title||Perpetual Benedictions: Wordsworth and the Bible|
|Current Position||Branch Manager, Libraries NI|
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Arts, English and Languages
- Director of the Centre for Eighteenth-Century Studies at QUB