US-IRELAND Research & Development Partnership Studentship 2017
PhD Studentship with Taylor Made Systems UK (MALMS)
GCHQ-Sponsored PhD Studentship
commencing 30 September 2017
- Multi-Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) Designs & Architectures
- Advanced Network Forensics for SDNFV Environments
Queen's University/China Scholarship Council PhD Scholarships 2017
A maximum of ten studentship places for the joint QUB-China Scholarship Council awards for PhD research will be funded for 2017-18.
Full details on these can be viewed by clicking here.
Leverhulme Interdisciplinary Network on Cybersecurity and Society (LINCS)
The Leverhulme Interdisciplinary Network on Cybersecurity and Society (LINCS) at Queen's University Belfast was established in 2015, to support pioneering research at the interface between the social sciences and electronic engineering & computer science.
There are 7 Leverhulme LINCS Doctoral Scholarships available in 2017, to outstanding eligible candidates, for full-time study over 3 years.
Full details on these research projects are provided by clicking here
PhD Studentships 2017/18
A number of Postgraduate Research Studentships are available within the School of Electronics Electrical Engineering and Computer Science for home, EU and international students enrolling in 2017.
Further information on potential projects which may be successful for an award are listed below.
Please note that not all projects are subject to internal QUB funding.
If you have a project of your own, then you should contact a possible supervisor about its viability.
A minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or relevant degree is required.
More information on funding of a PhD can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/graduateschool/PostgraduateFunding/
There are a number of PhD studentships available for applicants in the UK, EU or International countries who wish to undertake full-time research at Queen's. These 3 year and 4 year PhD studentships, potentially funded by the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL) or Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council commence on 1 October 2017.
In some instances, conditions on awards with eligibility for both fees and maintenance (£14,539 in 2017/18) depends on the applicants being either an ordinary UK resident or those EU residents who have lived permanently in the UK for the 3 years immediately preceding the start of the studentship. Non UK residents who hold EU residency may also apply but if successful may receive fees only.
Applications are also welcome from International students. Applicants are required to meet the English Language Testing System (IELTS) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements of the test or equivalent.
Applicants should apply electronically through the Queen’s online application portal at: https://dap.qub.ac.uk/portal/
The applications will be considered and accepted on a rolling basis.
- New approaches to heterogeneous big data analytics in precision medicine
- Detecting location specific uncommon behaviours in Social Media
- Photon Mapping– Simulating active microwave imaging
- Operation of Low-Inertia Power Systems
- |ntelligent energy reduction and waste energy recovery technologies for manufacturing
- Advanced battery management technologies for heavy duty vehicle applications
- Bayesian Network Languages: Inference and Complexity
- Algorithms and Applications of Credal Networks
- Exploring Incomplete Data in Probabilistic Graphical Models
- Robust Treatment of Missing Data in Biomedicine
- Collaborative Robotics in the context of Autonomous Manufacturing
- Novel Injection Locked Transceivers for RFID and Healthcare
- Secure Self-Tracking antennas
- Stealth Technology Based on Thin Microwave Absorbing Materials
- Electromagnetic Performance Optimisation of Passive and Dynamic Linear to Circular Polarisation Converters
- Adaptive Wearable Antennas for Medical Applications
- Advanced Artificial Surfaces for Wearable Wireless Medical Systems
- Millimetre-Wave Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Millimetre-Wave Wearable Communications
- mm-wave Beam Forming
- Intelligent, self-configurable device-to-device communications for heterogeneous integrated connected-car autonomy
- Advanced device-to-device technology for secure internet-of-things
- Cell-free massive MIMO
- Millimetre-wave massive MIMO
- Anonymous Wireless – Building a Privacy Enabled Internet of Things
- Wearable Biosensing Using mm-Scale Medical Implants
- Active, Nonlinear and Tuneable Metasurfaces for Millimeter-Wave Sensing and Communications LSAS
- High-Efficiency Low-Cost Power Amplifiers for Millimetre-Wave Massive MIMO Systems (HELOPA)
- Modelling location specific behaviours on social media
- INTERNET OR THINGS: PROTECTING CYBER PHYSICAL SYSTEMS FROM SYSTEM VULNERABILITIES
- Evolving Intelligent Behaviour in Cooperating Robots (EvoBots)
- Intelligent systems techniques for improving manufacturing competiveness
- Dataflow-based Heterogeneous Computers
- Neuromorphic Computing
- Quantum Acceleration for High Performance Data Processing
- Phasor Estimation During Dynamic Events
- Impact of Increased Renewable Generation on the Bulk Power System
- Merits of Reserve from Wind Power Generation
- Mining Repositories to Model Software Evolution
- Multi-Objective Optimal Software Refactoring
- Simulation and Synthesis of Nonlinear Phenomena in Musical String Instruments
- Design, Formulation, and Sensor-Based Control of Bowed Virtual-Acoustic Instruments
- Novel Strategies for Real-Time Simulation of Audio Effects Circuitry
- Algorithms and Systems for Big Spatial and Spatiotemporal Data
- Towards Smarter Cities via Urban Computing
- Semi-supervised learning for soft sensors in advanced manufacturing
- Graph-based streaming data analytics
- Graph-based streaming data analytics 2
- Acceleration of Big Data applications using field programmable gate array technology
- Practical security techniques for Internet of Things
- Automated detection of important organs of a foetus in ultrasonic videos
- Interpretable Semantic Vectors from a Joint Model of Image- and Text-Based Meaning
- Continuous Deep Human Pose Estimation for Video Sequences
- Facial re-identification using deep learning on combined real-virtual environments
- Deep Learning for Robust Foreground Detection
- Making sense of cancer data
- Large Scale Ensemble Knowledge Transfer in Deep Metric Learning for Face Recognition
- Runtime Scheduling Techniques for High-Performance Analytics
- A Domain-Specific Language and Optimizing Compiler for Polytope Operations
- Runtime Scheduling Techniques to Manage Hardware Resource Sharing of Parallel and Concurrent Programs
- Scaling of OpenCL kernels for multiple accelerators