Web for Learning
This module will provide a practical introduction to producing teaching an learning materials for online distribution. It will develop skills of analysis and design necessary to produce interactive materials.
Students will be given the opportunity to gain practical skills in the use of mark-up languages, server-side scripting and database technologies.
The student will be able to:
- indentify and implement an appropriate design solution for a given project or problem;
- apply correct courseware engineering procedures for the creation of online material;
- identify an appropriate pedagogical appproach;
- create thorough documentation;
- utilise appropriate software to create online educational systems;
- use appropriate technologies to effectively enhance a new or existing online site;
- correctly identify the ways in which the online format may be used to deliver effective instruction;
- identify key issues regarding usability and accessibility to inform overall design decisions.
- Ability to critically analyse and write reflectively using accurate and logical prose.
- Creation of online materials using specified tools.
- Ability to design and create educational online projects.
- Analyse a project and produce appropriate documentation.
- Time-management, problem-solving, communication, library and research, teamwork, IT skills and the ability to listen effectively and to use feedback constructively.