Software Engineering and Group Project
Introduction to software processes and software engineering, requirements analysis, specification, Object-Oriented Design: UML, implementation issues, maintenance, software testing, software metrics.
Students will also be given a group project specification and guided through a phased system development including specification, design, implementation and testing.
Software Engineering Learning Outcomes -
- Describe the main models of and processes in the software process
- Explain a range of theories, methods and tools for software engineering
- Be able to apply the appropriate method or tool for a given situation
- Be able to carry out and document the requirements analysis process for a complex problem area
- Be able to translate system requirements into software design and implementation
- Be able to apply software verifications techniques
- Be able to apply key software project management techniques
- Team Working Learning Outcomes (Key-stage 4 Working with others)
- Plan work with others, negotiating responsibilities and working arrangements for achieving agreed objectives.
- Exchange constructive feedback on progress and agree ways to resolve any conflict
- Bring together and clearly present the outcomes of their work with others
Ability to select from candidate software engineering methods and apply the appropriate one.
Knowledge and appreciation of good software engineering practices.
Familiarity with current methods and processes for software engineering.
Analysis of problems, design of solutions and implementation in a programming language.