IT Enterprise Project
Group based project involving the development of a web-based IT Solution to a user focussed IT problem
Modal Learning Outcomes:
- Select and assess user, task and technical requirements and tests for a given application.
- Design and develop appropriate user interfaces tailored to a domain specific application for a specific user population.
- Demonstrate elementary IT enterprise, system and data architectural design skills.
- Design and develop a web-based front-end and a databases back-end in fulfilment of user requirements.
- Design and develop an inter-system exchange including the transfer and acceptance of information.
- Demonstrate a range of project management skills including those relating to the management of cost, quality, human-resource, communication and risk through the development of a project plan and the use of strategic planning.
- Demonstrate attainment of QCA Key-stage 4 "Working with others" key skills.
- Demonstrate attainment of QCA Key-stage 4 "Communication" key skills.
This module provides an opportunity to exercise aspects of the following QCA Key Skills (at proficiency Level 4):
Communication, ICT, Improving Own Learning and Performance, Problem Solving, Working with others.