To enhance the quality of the
postdoctoral experience by providing a voice for the postdoctoral community
within the School, and by promoting opportunities for career advancement,
personal development and social interaction.
- The School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical
Sciences Postdoctoral Society aims to:
- Encourage and support meaningful career progression
and personal development of postdoctoral researchers.
of pertinent issues affecting the postdoctoral community and enter into
dialogue with School management to address these issues and obtain desired
Provide official representation for the postdoctoral community
at School and University level, with participation in decision-making processes
and management policies.
Offer opportunities for Professional Training &
Develop a Social Support Network to help facilitate interaction,
communication and collaboration amongst postdoctoral researchers.
STRUCTURE & ORGANIZATION
organization shall be known as the School of Medicine,
Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences Postdoctoral Society, hereafter
referred to as SMDS PS.
- All persons in postdoctoral research positions within the
of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences shall be classified as Active
Members. Membership begins upon commencement of post-PhD research and continues
until termination of project or reclassification of the individual concerned.
- There is no fee for joining, or maintaining, membership
of the SMDB PS
- Members will not be paid for services to the SMDB PS
- The SMDB PS committee comprises a
chairperson, a treasurer, a secretary and postdoctoral representatives from the
School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences.
- Individual members of
the committee are chosen to have special responsibilities for different
activities as required.
- All postdoctoral researchers in the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences are welcome to serve on the committee and
queries should be made through the chairperson
- The committee will meet at least four times annually. Members
are encouraged to submit suggestions for the agenda through the chairperson
- The minutes of the committee meetings will be recorded, agreed
by the committee and made freely available via the SMDB PS website.