MSc Molecular Pathology of Cancer Funding Opportunities
Funded Opportunities 2019
The future of Medicine will be dictated by technical developments and advancements in genomic medicine - both of which are already influencing the way we treat our patients and how we carry out science. Molecular Pathology is at the heart of this development, and will help you to be better clinicians and better scientists, opening valuable career opportunities in healthcare, academia and industry.
A number of bursaries are available for UK/EU applicants who are registered to complete the course:
1) Cancer Research UK funded training fellowships (fees and salary)
Open to all applicants who are currently employed in a healthcare or academic setting to provide support at existing salary level for 12 months; priority will be given to participants of the CRUK Digital Molecular Pathology Accelerator Network. The CRUK Accelerator partnership includes (Belfast, Southampton, UCL-Neuropathology ICR/Marsden, Leicester, Newcastle and Edinburgh).
2) Cancer Research UK studentships (fees and stipend)
Open to all applicants other than intercalating medical and dental students.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply for admission to the course via Queen’s University Direct Application Portal: Click here to apply
Candidates are also asked to provide:
- Short Curriculum Vitae, with particular focus on your research experience (1 A4 page max)
- Declaration of interest as to the motivation for being a student on the Master’s in Molecular Pathology of Cancer course (1 A4 page – 500 words max)
Submit to the Postgraduate & Professional Development in the School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences - email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 31 May 2019
- Short-listed applicants may be called for interview
- Decisions will be made based on the quality of the candidate, their progress to date, suitability for the programme and potentially their performance at interview
- The Awards Committee reserves the right to only appoint candidates of particular quality to this exciting programme at Queen’s
- The decision of the Committee will be final
If you have any further questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)28 9097 2615