Apply Now! 12 Fully-Funded PhD Studentships
Applications are now invited for 12 fully-funded research studentships to be located in the Centre for Evidence and Social Innovation.
The 12 studentships will begin in September 2017 and will run on a full-time basis for three years. The studentships cover the costs of all fees (£4,121) and a maintenance grant of £14,296 per year (as of 2015/16) and also up to £1,000, to cover research expenses and associated activities.
There are three options in relation to identifying topic areas:
- A list of topic areas for which we would particularly like to encourage applications is provided below. If you are interested in any of the topics listed, you are strongly advised to contact the relevant person listed to discuss your ideas and to seek advice on submitting a proposal.
- We would also welcome high quality applications in other areas that fall within one of our six programmes of research listed below. If you have a particular idea and/or would like to discuss your broader interests and what options might exist then you are strongly advised to contact the relevant programme lead listed.
- You are also encouraged to review our list of Fellows and their particular areas of expertise. If you have a specific proposal that you feel would align well with the research interests and expertise of a particular Fellow within our Centre then you are strongly encouraged to contact them directly to discuss your ideas and to seek advice on submitting a proposal.
1) LIST OF TOPIC AREAS
- Parental and Child Health and Wellbeing
- Children in Care and Child Protection
- Educational Attainment
- Health and Wellbeing in Schools
- Chronic Illness and Palliative Care
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
2) LIST OF PROGRAMMES OF RESEARCH
- Parental and Child Health and Wellbeing - Programme Lead: Dr Fiona Lynn
- Children in Care and Child Protection - Programme Lead: Dr Karen Winter
- Educational Attainment - Acting Programme Lead: Dr Liam O'Hare
- Health and Wellbeing in Schools - Programme Lead: Dr Sarah Miller
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Programme Lead: Dr Gavin Davidson
- Chronic Illness and Palliative Care - Programme Lead: Professor Kevin Brazil
The studentships provide exciting and unparalleled opportunities to work in the heart of a large, dynamic and inter-disciplinary centre on real-world research that seeks to make a real difference in the lives of children, families and communities. The deadline for applications: Friday 17th February 2017.
More information on the above, together with eligibility criteria and a guide to applying can be found on the Centre for Evidence and Social Innovation webiste.