PGCE students raise huge sum for charity at their formal
Alongside their extremely busy study and teaching placement schedules, a committee formed by this year's PGCE student group arranged a fantastic formal night out for the whole group at the end of February and built in a charity raffle on the evening. They raised a whopping £590 for the Cancer Fund for Children. The raffle included a great range of prizes donated by generous sponsors.
The Cancer Fund for Children were delighted with the £590 donation and very much appreciated the students' energy and enthusiasm for raising funds and awareness.
- iPad - NASUWT union
- Apple TV - iTeach
- Overnight in Wellington Park Hotel - Wellington Park Hotel
- Horse riding lesson - Christopher's Farm - Courtesy of Michael (Science PGCE Student)
- Pure Running - £50 voucher
- Orbel (St Georges - NI photography) - 2 framed prints of Belfast Collage and Dark Hedges
- 4 bottles of wine - Courtesy of Hannah (Science PGCE Student)
- Craft Beers - Hilltown Brewery (St George's Market)
- £20 voucher - Sinnamond Coffee Shop
- Inspirational Print and book - Itty bit book company (St George's Market)
- Four tickets for QFT - Queen's Film Theatre
- Three bags of columbian coffee - Starbucks
- Two burrito vouchers - Boojum
- Basket of salted caramel brownies - Man Made Company
More news and features
17/02/2017 - The Centre for Evidence and Social Innovation (CESI) is to partner with UNICEF, Yale, Harvard and New York University in leading a new global research network.