Caring for someone with cancer can have financial implications such as transport costs, extra shopping and more bills. And if you are employed the experience can also impact on your job and income. There is advice and support available and you may be entitled to benefits. Here are some tips you may find useful at this time.
- Top thoughts for financial and employment matters
- Contact a financial advisor for advice (Macmillan Cancer Care can help you)
- Find out if you are entitled to benefits
- Talk to an advisor about approaching your employer to reduce hours or take time off while caring
- Get advice about pensions, insurance and debt management