Top tips for waste reduction at Home
- Use your own reusable boxes, crates or bags when shopping
- Buy goods with less packaging e.g. buy loose fruit and veg (visit the ‘Positive Package’ website (www.positivepackage.org.uk) to find out everything you need to know about reducing, reusing and recycling packaging)
- If you have a home computer use both sides of the paper for printing
- Opt for low-energy light bulbs. An energy-efficient light bulb uses 80% less electricity, and it lasts 6 to 8 times longer
- Save batteries: at home, plug your small appliances into the mains or use rechargeable batteries … you’ll also save money.