Students have a key role to play in improving the environmental performance of Queen’s. The Students’ Union and the University’s Accommodation and Hospitality Services run a number of initiatives to make students aware of the difference they can make by being more environmentally aware.
What we are doing:
- The Union is accredited with a Bronze Award in the Sound Environmental Impact Awards which exist to encourage, nurture, reward and celebrate environmental best practice in Students’ Unions.
- The Union has an Environmental Committee elected each year as part of the democratic student structure.
- All areas of the Students' Union provide public recycling facilities as well as a battery and mobile phone recycling station.
- The Union runs a number of environmental campaigns to raise awareness among students, including the annual Green Week.
- Recycling facilities are available for students at the Elms Village.
- Other initiatives taking place in the Elms Village include an Energy Switch off competition and Swap Shop evenings.
- Students are also involved in environmental projects through the Science Shop.
For further information, visit http://www.qubsu.org/com-environmental.asp