Reduce Waste by:
- Think Before you Print – Only print when you really need to
- Print Double Sided where possible
- Avoid making multiple copies of large documents instead use summary pages, PowerPoint presentations, online documentation and email
- Use scrap paper printed only on one side for taking notes instead of new sheets.
- Use reusable cups or glasses instead of plastic cups
- Use a thermos/ reusable mug for your ‘take-away’ coffees
Increase recycling by using the recycling facilities available throughout the University for:
- Ink and Toner Cartridges
- Keep your recycling bin next to your main bin so you can take your rubbish and recycling out at the same time. - If you don't already have a recycling box or bag contact your local council.
- Compost your food waste – set up a composting facility or wormery at home. Contact your local council for more information on recycling arrangements for your area.
- Recycle Cardboard – Use the recycling bins provided by your local council or visit your local amenity site
- Recycle Plastic Waste – Did you know most plastic products can be recycled - if your council accepts plastic bottles for recycling then all plastic bottles can go into your collection, including shampoo bottles.
- Donate worn clothes to local charity shops
- Use reusable bags for shopping – Help reduce the volume of plastic bags disposed off to landfill
- A third of the food we buy ends being thrown away! Reduce food waste by – cooking the right portion sizes and reusing left overs. Visit the Love Food Hate Waste website for recipes and practical ways to make the most of the food you've bought.